Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get my t-shirt after the race?
Is my t-shirt size guaranteed?
Can I exchange my shirt size at kit pick up or on run day?
Where do I find my Registration Confirmation and/or Promotional Gift Card?
If you are looking specifically for your promotional gift card, you can log into the Participant Dashboard here to retrieve your coupons.
When does my Promotional Gift Card expire?
Your Sporting Life Promotional Gift Card expires one month after the price change / registration cut-off date that you registered before.
For Example – if you registered on January 8, 2018, and the registration cut-off was January 15, then your Promotional Gift Card expires on February 15, 2018. Or, if you registered on January 30, and the registration cut-off was February 15, your Promotional Gift Card expires on March 15, 2018.
Please refer to the chart below for specific registration and promotional gift card expiry dates:
|Registration Date||Registration Cost and Promotional Gift Card Value||Promotional Gift Card
|Until January 15, 2018||$45 + HST includes a $35.00 Sporting Life Promotional Gift Card*, a technical running shirt and a coupon for 20% off running shoes.**||Promotional Gift Card Expires February 15, 2018|
|Jan. 16 - Feb. 15, 2018||$50 + HST includes a $30.00 Sporting Life Promotional Gift Card*, a technical running shirt and a coupon for 20% off running shoes.**||Promotional Gift Card Expires March 15, 2018|
|Feb. 16 - Mar. 15, 2018||$55 + HST includes a $25.00 Sporting Life Promotional Gift Card*, a technical running shirt and a coupon for 20% off running shoes.**||Promotional Gift Card Expires April 15, 2018|
|Mar. 16 – Apr. 15, 2018||$60 + HST includes a $20.00 Sporting Life Promotional Gift Card*, a technical running shirt and a coupon for 20% off running shoes.**||Promotional Gift Card Expires May 15, 2018|
|Apr. 16 – May 6, 2018||$65 + HST includes a technical running shirt. No gift cards are available after April 15th.||No Promotional Gift Card|
How do I create a team?
Getting Started Is Easy!
- Choose your team name.
- Nominate a Team Captain.
- The Team Captain registers for the race and creates the team during registration.
- The Team Captain informs team members that the team has been created.
- The Team members register for the race individually and join the team by selecting the team name from the drop down menu on the registration form.
Are there incentives to fundraise?
Raise a minimum of $150 online by May 13, 2018 at 5PM EST you are eligible to have your race registration reimbursed.*
- In order to qualify, the $150 total cannot include any personal donations made by you to your own personal fundraising page.
- The registration reimbursement does not include HST or processing fees.
- All reimbursements will be issued by September 30, 2018.
Opting out of your Reimbursement – providing more funding for Ooch
Ooch incurs the cost of your registration as our way of saying thank you for your commitment to raising critical funds to send kids with cancer to Camp Ooch.
By opting out of receiving a refund, you will receive a gift-in-kind donation tax receipt and make a meaningful difference in the life of a child.
What is the charitable cause?
Do you need volunteers? How can I sign up to volunteer?
Can I wear my headphones / iPod during the run?
What is the route like?
Is registration capped?
Are there finisher medals?
Can anyone cross the finish line?
Can kids participate?
Is there a time limit?
Are walkers allowed?
Are wheelchairs allowed?
- If you are using a racing wheelchair with three wheels, please register yourself for the Wheelchair Wave that starts at 7:55AM.
- If you are using a four wheel chair, or a recreational wheelchair, please register yourself for the 4th Wave that starts at 8:09AM.
- The use of hand cranks, levers, motors or mechanical gears (e.g hand cycles) are not permitted. Please see the International Paralympic Committee’s Athletics Rules and Regulations for more details.
- For safety reasons, it is recommended that all wheelchair athletes wear a helmet during the race.
Is the race 'chip' timed?
What is included in the Entry Fee?
Exclusive Finisher medal
Personalized race bib (if you register before May 7)
Opportunity to run a scenic route in the Nation’s capital
Great post race celebration
Helping send kids living with cancer to Camp Ooch
What are the wave start times?
|Wave Number||Estimated Finishing Time||Corral||Corral Color||Start Time|
|1st wave||Under 50:00 minutes||Corral #1||Red||8:00 am|
|2nd wave||50:00mins - 1:00 hour||Corral #2||Yellow||8:03 am|
|3rd wave||1:01 - 1:10 hour||Corral #3||Blue||8:06 am|
|4th wave||1:11+ hour||Corral #4||Green||8:09 am|
What time does the run start?
What is the race distance?
If you have a question not listed in our above FAQ, click here to contact us.