ABOUT CAMPFIRE CIRCLE
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE (formerly Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium) gives kids affected by childhood cancer what they need – the chance to just be kids.
A diagnosis of childhood cancer changes life in an instant. For kids and families, it can suddenly feel like everything is about cancer. Simple childhood joys like friendships, birthday parties, or sports teams being left behind in the need for medical appointments, hospital stays, and long absences from school.
Whether it’s in a hospital setting, in the community or at overnight camp, CAMPFIRE CIRCLE* fills the void for 1,700 kids and their families all across Ontario, creating safe spaces for kids to be kids, so families can be families.
It’s where curiosity and confidence, bravery and acceptance come to play, and healing through happiness is on the agenda, every day, and in every way! Kids and families are never alone, because there’s always room for one more in the circle.
Powered by the passion of volunteers, we are a privately funded charity that receives no annual funding from government or hospital partners. Our organization is entirely dependent on generous supporters like you to deliver our life-changing programs, at no cost to families.
Your donations and fundraising through the Sporting Life 10K will help ensure CAMPFIRE CIRCLE is able to deliver vital programs to kids affected by childhood cancer and their families in 2022.
You can help restore what’s been lost to cancer and COVID, helping kids and families heal through happiness, together!
* Did you know that Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium merged in 2020, and that they have a new name? Announcing… CAMPFIRE CIRCLE! They aren’t changing what they do—they are just changing their name.
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE Offers Programs At:
- Family weekend retreats will continue into 2022, with plans for traditional camp programs to return as soon as possible
- These include: kids-only camp, week-long family camp and specialized one-week sessions for teens and bereaved siblings
- The Muskoka overnight camp is the only one of its kind in Canada with the ability to provide on-site IV chemotherapy and blood transfusions
- Fun, camp-style programs that all kids and families to discover a community of people who share similar experiences, including day camp and leadership program
- The playful spirit of camp is brought to hospital settings with one-on-one beside visits occurring daily at three pediatric oncology hospitals across Ontario, fostering fun and friendship with arts and crafts, games and theme days
- Packed with fun activities for the whole family, including campfire and circle time
- Virtual programs help kids connect with siblings at home or make new virtual friends from across the province