With your support, we can ensure that kids and families affected by childhood cancer all across Ontario are able to experience the fun and friendship of camp through virtual and in-hospital programming.
Start Fundraising for Camp Ooch Today!
- Click the START FUNDRAISING BUTTON to create your personal fundraising page.
- Ask for support from friends, family and colleagues by sharing your fundraising page by email.
- Share your efforts through your social networks! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others are all great ways to let your network know about the incredible cause you are running for!
and @CampOochigeas on Instagram
Run for Free and help more kids experience the magic of camp
When you raise a minimum of $150 online by 11:59pm EST on May 30, 2021 you are eligible to have your run registration fee reimbursed*
*In order to qualify, the $150 total cannot include any personal donations made by you to your own personal fundraising page
*The registration reimbursement does not include HST or processing fees
*All reimbursements will be issued no later than December 31, 2021
Run For Free FAQ’s
Can I opt out of receiving my registration fee reimbursement and donate it back to Camp Ooch?
- Absolutely! Camp Ooch incurs the cost of your registration as our way of saying thank you for your commitment to raising critical funds for children affected by childhood cancer.
By opting out of receiving a refund, you will receive a gift-in-kind donation tax receipt and make a meaningful difference in the life of a child.
How will I receive my reimbursement?
- Instructions on how to receive your reimbursement will be emailed to the address you provided when you registered, after the Sporting Life Virtual 10k is completed on May 30, 2021. You must respond to this email in order to receive your reimbursement or tax receipt.
If you have moved or would like us to send the refund to an alternative address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Fundraising Challenge
Hit the pavement with your colleagues and join a dynamic community of over 100 organizations who believe kids with cancer deserve the chance to just be kids. Come together to fundraise for Camp Ooch. Together, we will help you achieve your fundraising goals.
Benefits of joining the Corporate Fundraising Challenge include:
- A free registration promo code for all team members (each team member must raise a minimum of $125 by run day)
- A dedicated staff member to answer questions and provide fundraising support
- Weekly up to date reports and fundraising tips to help your team achieve your fundraising goals
- Your company logo will be included in our post-event thank you newspaper ads
- Virtual office presentations to engage your #SL10K team and fellow colleagues
- The incredible feeling that you have brought the magic of camp to kids and families affected by childhood cancer
Contact: email@example.com or 416-961-6624 ext. 403 today to start your Corporate Team Challenge
Tips and Ideas: Reach your #SL10k Fundraising Goals
PERSONALIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
Your supporters want to see why you run for Camp Ooch and kids with and affected by cancer!
Encourage friends and family to donate to your #SL10K fundraising efforts in lieu of giving gifts.
START AN EMAIL CAMPAIGN
Reach out to your friends, family and co-workers to support your run fundraising efforts. Remember to include a link to your giving page and share why you run for Ooch.
HOST A VIRTUAL YARD SALE
Do some spring cleaning and set up an online yard sale. All proceeds can go directly towards your #SL10K fundraising
DO THE KILOMETRE CHALLENGE
Set a goal for yourself (maybe you want to run 10k 10 times) and ask that your network make a small donation per kilometer you run.
USE YOUR TALENTS AND SELL
Whether it’s making bracelets or cookies, think of a hobby or interest and turn it into a product that can be sold.
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS
Matching gifts from your place of employment can often double, triple or quadruple your team’s fundraising, giving you an advantage in the Corporate Challenge, and of course, you’ll be helping send even more kids to Camp Ooch.
Want to add more fun to your run? Start a #SL10K team join a dynamic community of passionate runners who believe kids affected by childhood cancer deserve the chance to just be kids.
Next, start raising funds by asking your friends, family and peers to donate. Together you will make an even bigger impact!
For more information, or if you registered as an individual but want to be added to an existing team, please contact Camp Ooch:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-961-6624 ext. 403
Mail cheques to:
Attn: Sporting Life 10K
464 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M5T 2S6
Please make cheques payable to Camp Ooch and indicate the donation is for the #SL10K. Include your full name and team name on your package.
NOTE: As our offices currently remain closed due to COVID-19, please note that you will not be able to drop off cheques or cash at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
What to do with cash and cheques received from your supporters?
If your supporters give you cash or cheques made out to you personally (NOT to Camp Ooch), follow these simple steps that will allow you to update your thermometer right away and email a tax receipt to your supporter:
Go to your personal fundraising page and hit your ‘Donate Now’ button
Enter the $ amount from a specific donor and in the Billing Information section enter your donor’s information (their name, address, email, phone), NOT YOURS
Enter in YOUR credit card number
Once the payment is processed, the charge will be made to your credit card BUT it will be your supporter who receives the emailed tax receipt for the amount they donated