Fundraise for CAMPFIRE CIRCLE
Join the Sporting Life 10K and raise much needed funds for CAMPFIRE CIRCLE (formerly Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium)! You will make life-changing experiences possible, and surround families with care and compassion when it’s needed most.
Start Fundraising For CAMPFIRE CIRCLE Today!
- Click the START FUNDRAISING BUTTON to create your personal fundraising page.
- Ask for support from friends, family and colleagues by sharing your fundraising page by email.
- Share your efforts through your social networks! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others are all great ways to let your network know about the incredible cause you are running for! Be sure to tag us @CampfireCircle_ on Twitter and @campfirecircleorg on Facebook and @campfirecircleorg on Instagram.
Run For Free And Help More Kids Experience The Magic Of Camp
When you raise a minimum of $300 online by 11:59pm EST on May 31, 2022 you are eligible to have your Sporting Life 10K registration fee reimbursed*
*In order to qualify, the $300 total cannot include any personal donations made by you to your own personal fundraising page.
*The registration reimbursement does not include HST, shipping or processing fees.
*All reimbursements will be issued no later than September 30, 2022.
Run For Free FAQs
Can I opt out of receiving my registration fee reimbursement and donate it back to CAMPFIRE CIRCLE (formerly Camp Ooch)?
Absolutely! CAMPFIRE CIRCLE incurs the cost of your registration as our way of saying thank you for your commitment to raising critical funds for kids and families affected by childhood cancer.
By opting out of receiving a refund, you will receive a gift-in-kind donation tax receipt for the value of your base registration fee and make a meaningful difference in the life of a child.
How will I receive my reimbursement?
Instructions on how to receive your reimbursement will be emailed to the address you provided when you registered, after the Sporting Life 10K in early June 2022. You must respond to this email in order to receive your reimbursement or tax receipt.
If you have moved or would like us to send the refund to an alternative address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Corporate Fundraising Challenge
Hit the pavement with your colleagues and join a dynamic community of over 100 organizations that believe kids should be kids and families should be families, healing through happiness together.
Come together to fundraise for CAMPFIRE CIRCLE (formerly Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium). Together, we will help you achieve your fundraising goals.
Benefits of joining the Corporate Fundraising Challenge include:
- A free registration promo code for all team members (each team member must raise a minimum of $125 by May 8, 2022).
- A dedicated staff member to answer questions and provide fundraising support.
- Weekly up to date reports and fundraising tips to help your team achieve your fundraising goals.
- Your company logo will be included in our post-event thank you newspaper ads.
- Virtual office presentations to engage your #SL10K team and fellow colleagues.
- Run kits delivered directly to your office or to your team members’ homes during #SL10K week if your team raises $5,000 or more by Friday, April 24, 2022.
- Special mini campfire kits for each team member if your team raises $10,000 or more by Friday, April 24, 2022.
- A shout-out on social media with the company tagged as a #SL10K Champion for the top 10 Corporate Fundraising Challenge teams.
- The incredible feeling that you have brought the magic of camp to kids and families affected by childhood cancer.
PERSONALIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
Your supporters want to see why you run for CAMPFIRE CIRCLE!
START AN EMAIL CAMPAIGN
Reach out to your friends, family and co-workers to support your #SL10K fundraising efforts. Remember to include a link to your personal fundraising page and share why you run for CAMPFIRE CIRCLE.
DO THE KILOMETRE CHALLENGE
Set a goal for yourself (consider completing a 10K ten times as you train for May 8) and ask that your network make a small donation per kilometer you complete.
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS
Matching gifts from your place of employment can often double or triple your team’s fundraising, giving you an advantage in the Corporate Challenge, and of course, you’ll be helping send even more kids to CAMPFIRE CIRCLE.
BRING A CHANGE JAR TO THE OFFICE
Set up a jar in a communal office area or at home where everyone can contribute their loose change. You will be surprised how quickly the dollars will add up!
Encourage friends and family to donate to your #SL10K fundraising efforts in lieu of giving gifts.
HOST A YARD SALE
Do some spring cleaning and set up a yard sale. All proceeds can go directly towards your #SL10K fundraising.
USE YOUR TALENTS AND SELL
Whether it’s making bracelets or cookies, think of a hobby or interest and turn it into a product that can be sold.
MAKE TANGIBLE FUNDRAISING GOALS
Text 10 friends asking each for $30 to help you reach your next $300!
Team Fundraising Resources
Want to add more fun to your Sporting Life 10K?
Start a #SL10K team and join a dynamic community of passionate runners who believe kids and families affected by childhood cancer deserve the chance to heal through happiness.
Next, start raising funds by asking your friends, family and peers to donate. Together you will make an even bigger impact!
Mail cheques to:
Attn: Sporting Life 10K
464 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M5T 2S6
Please make cheques payable to CAMPFIRE CIRCLE and indicate the donation is for the Sporting Life 10K. Include your full name and team name on your package.
What to do with cash and cheques received from your supporters?
If your supporters give you cash or cheques made out to you personally (NOT to CAMPFIRE CIRCLE), follow these simple steps that will allow you to update your thermometer right away and email a tax receipt to your supporter:
- Go to your personal fundraising page and hit your ‘Donate Now’ button
- Enter the $ amount from a specific donor and in the Billing Information section enter your donor’s information (their name, address, email, phone), NOT YOURS
- Enter in YOUR credit card number
Once the payment is processed, the charge will be made to your credit card BUT it will be your supporter who receives the emailed tax receipt for the amount they donated